Ontario New York Real Estate Report – January 2016
Want to see what has gone on in the Ontario real estate market during the month of January along with year over year comparisons? Here is the Ontario NY real estate market report January 2016 edition.
Ontario NY Real Estate Activity For January 2016 vs. January 2015
In January 2016 there were no homes that closed during the month for Ontario NY real estate. This is 8 fewer homes sold than the 8 homes that closed in January 2015.
- The average sale price for the homes that closed in January 2015 was $168,987.
- There was no average sale price for the homes closed in January 2016 as there were none sold .
- The average market time (aka Days on Market) for the homes that closed in January 2015 was 105 days.
- There was no average market time (aka Days on Market) for homes that closed in January 2016 as none sold .
- The total amount of volume for the homes that closed in January 2015 was $1,351,899.
- There was no total amount of volume for homes that closed in January 2016 as there were none sold.
Homes Under Contract For January 2016
There were a total of 16 homes in Ontario NY that were under contract or sale pending through January 31st, 2016 (of the 16 total homes, 4 homes went under contract during January 2016). The average market time for these 16 homes was 65 days. The average list price for these homes under contract was $160,856.
Current Ontario, NY Homes For Sale Inventory Levels
There are currently 47 homes on the market in Ontario NY. The average list price is $210,624. The average market time for these homes is 182 days. Homes in Ontario NY are selling in about 60 days, if priced properly. The market absorption rate, as of February 1st, 2016 was 5.17 in Ontario. This means that if no other homes in Ontario were put on the market, it would take 5.17 months to deplete the remaining homes on the market.
How can both buyers and sellers have an advantage in the Ontario NY real estate market? Employ the services of a local Ontario real estate agent who has vast knowledge and experience of the market.
The above statistics are ONLY single family homes and do not include condominiums or multi-family homes.
Find Ontario NY Homes for Sale
For a complete list of available real estate in Ontario NY, visit Ontario NY Homes for Sale. Make sure to subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss out on any Ontario homes. Contact us to find out what your Ontario NY home is worth and to discuss your housing needs.
Other January 2016 Greater Rochester NY Real Estate Market Reports
- Webster NY Real Estate Market Report January 2016
- Irondequoit NY Real Estate Market Report January 2016
About the authors: The above information regarding the “Ontario NY Real Estate Market Report January 2016” was provided by the Keith Hiscock Sold Team. Keith Hiscock & Kyle Hiscock have over 30 years combined experience. If you’re thinking of selling or buying, we’d love to share our knowledge and expertise.
We service the following Greater Rochester NY areas: Irondequoit, Ontario, Penfield, Pittsford, Fairport, Brighton, Greece, Gates, Hilton, Brockport, Mendon, Henrietta, Perinton, Churchville, Scottsville, East Rochester, Rush, Honeoye Falls, Chili, and Victor NY.
Visit our blog at www.RochesterRealEstateBlog.com.